Before submitting your proposal, please read below carefully.
Submitting your proposal:
1. Only online submissions will be accepted for consideration. Submission via email and other means will not be considered.
2. The languages of presentations will be English, German, Italian, French, and Spanish. However, only proposals in English will be accepted.
3. You may submit no more than one proposal for each of the three categories of presentation: free papers, roundtables, and study sessions.
4. Proposals of no more than 300 words for free papers and of no more than 500 words for roundtables and study sessions should be submitted in an MS Word and a PDF file via our submission page.
5. For roundtables and study sessions, only the coordinator/chair needs to submit a proposal.
6. Our online submission system will be available only between December 1, 2015 and January 15, 2016. Once you have submitted your proposal, a username and a password will automatically be issued. Using them, you may revise your proposal on the same webpage at any point until the date of the submission deadline, January 15, 2016*.
Abstract submission is closed. (Jan. 22, 2016.)
1. We will offer a limited number of travel subsidies to those who:
-have no full-time professional affiliations with universities, research institutions, and the likes
(schools, libraries, museums, etc.), at the time of the 2017 Congress;
-will be traveling to Tokyo from overseas; AND
-present a free paper (NOT a presentation within a roundtable or study session).
2. The amount of the subsidy is designated as follows:
JPY 30,000 for participants from East and Southeast Asia;
JPY 50,000 for participants from South and Central Asia, Oceania, Hawaii, and the Middle and Near East;
JPY 70,000 for participants from Europe and North America; and
JPY 100,000 for participants from South America and Africa.
3. The stipend may be collected during the IMS 2017 Tokyo Congress.
(The travel subsidy program is sponsored by the Musicological Society of Japan and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.)